Multiple Major Industrial Investments at Belle Plaine
Many companies have already seen the advantages of the Corridor, and made significant capital investments in the region. Some recent major investments include:
- Terra Grains’ $160 million Ethanol Plant at Belle Plaine with annual production of 150 million litres of ethanol.
- $800 million investment in an inland transportation and distribution centre west of Regina – The Global Transportation Hub Authority (GTHA).
- Expanded fertilizer production:
- Mosaic’s Belle Plaine $1.2 B expansion at its solution potash mine (further expansion still being considered)
- Yara’s announcement to double its production at its Belle Plaine fertilizer plant to 2.4 million tonnes (postponed for the time being due to high construction costs)
- K+S Potash’s new $4 Billion Solution Mine near Bethune
- Alpine Plant Foods $8 Million production facility at Belle Plaine, with annual production of 700 litres of liquid phosphate fertilizer